In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “Can I drink chamomile tea while on antidepressants?” with an in-depth analysis of the benefits of chamomile tea. Moreover, we are going to discuss the way to make hot and cold chamomile tea and the storage of chamomile tea.
Can I drink chamomile tea while on antidepressants?
Yes! You can drink chamomile tea even if you are on antidepressants and it won’t harm you.
In the past chamomile tea was used against anxiety and insomnia and its fragrance is the reason that people love to use it as a tea worldwide.
Is it safe for you to drink chamomile tea every day?
Drinking 1_2 cups of chamomile tea is completely okay.
Studies have shown that you can drink up to 5 cups of chamomile tea on a daily basis. In the past chamomile tea was used to treat problems like;
- Kidney, liver, and bladder problems
- Digestive trouble
- Muscle spasms
- Skin irritations
- Rheumatic pain
- Hay fever
What are the benefits of drinking chamomile tea?
Chamomile tea was used for the treatment of insomnia and it helps to promote sleep.
There are several benefits of chamomile tea. Some of them are as follows;
- Chamomile tea treats anxiety and insomnia and promotes sleep.
- It helps in digestion and prevents some Inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases. However, research is yet needed to confirm this.
- Chamomile tea also helps in lowering blood sugar levels and helps people with diabetes.
- Because of the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial characteristics of chamomile tea, it also helps in reducing gingivitis and plaque which are oral problems.
- People with osteoporosis can also be benefitted from chamomile tea as it helps in increasing bone density.
- Inflammation is damaging to our immune system. Chamomile tea also reduces inflammation due to the presence of certain chemical compounds.
- Chamomile tea also helps against hemorrhoids, gastrointestinal pain, arthritis, autoimmune diseases and depression etc
- Chamomile tea also helps in lowering the symptoms of the cold such as headache and nasal congestion etc.
How to make hot chamomile tea?
If you want to make hot chamomile tea, follow the steps given below;
- Boil the water for tea and to warm the teapot. Boiling of water becomes easy if you have an electric kettle.
- Put some of the warm water in the teapot and swirl it around the teapot. Then discard the water of chamomile tea in the teapot and add warm water to it too.
- Cook it a bit and your chamomile tea is ready. Put it in the teacup and enjoy.
How can you make iced chamomile tea?
The best way to make the iced chamomile tea is to cold-brew it.
Follow the steps given below if you want to make iced chamomile tea;
- Put the chamomile tea and water in the glass container and put it into the fridge.
- Use the water which is at room temperature or it is cool.
- Strain the chamomile tea into the cup and if you want to add ice you can but it’s Optional.
What is the taste of chamomile tea?
Chamomile tea has a strong and present smell.
It tastes earthy with floral and apple notes but if it’s marinated for a long time its taste becomes very medicinal.
Is there any caffeine present in the chamomile tea?
No, there’s no caffeine present in the chamomile tea so it’s the best nighttime drink.
How to properly store chamomile tea?
You should properly store the chamomile tea to keep it fresh for a longer period.
There are different ways to store dried and frozen chamomile tea.
Storage of dried chamomile tea:
If you have stored the dried chamomile tea in a glass container it will last for up to a year.
But while storing the dried chamomile tea you should keep it away from heat, light and moisture.
It will prevent the tea from spoiling.
Storage of frozen chamomile tea:
If the frozen tea is wrapped properly and kept in the freezer it will last for about 6 months.
But you shouldn’t thaw it and refreeze it as it will spoil the tea.
Only thaw the amount of tea you need and keep the rest of it in the freezer.
How to freeze chamomile tea?
- Take the fresh chamomile flowers and warp the flower heads in aluminum foil.
- Remove all the air out of the aluminum foil without squishing the flowers.
- Put the packet in the coldest part of your freezer.
Here are the ways to dry chamomile tea.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “Can I drink chamomile tea while on antidepressants?” with an in-depth analysis of the benefits of chamomile tea. Moreover, we discussed the way to make hot and cold chamomile tea and the storage of chamomile tea.