In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “can kids drink non-alcoholic beer” with an in-depth analysis of the consumption of non-alcoholic drinks by the kids. Moreover, we are going to highlight the features of non-alcoholic beer, the risk factors with non-alcoholic beer, and the benefits of non-alcoholic beer.
Can kids drink non-alcoholic beer?
No, kids cannot drink non-alcoholic beer and should refrain from consuming alcohol-free beer. One of the major reasons behind the avoidance of the consumption of non-alcoholic beer is that it may make people addicted to alcohol and consequently, shift them towards alcohol.
Despite the safety level of the product, non-alcoholic beer is also recommended for individuals over the age of 21. The flavor of the non-alcoholic beer is also similar to that of the alcoholic beer and it eventually causes the individuals to develop an interest in alcoholic beer.
Features of the non-alcoholic beer:
Non-alcoholic beer is one, which does not contain any alcohol in it. Despite the claim of the absence of alcohol in the beer, you may still find some traces of the alcohol in the beer. The alcohols are mainly classified into three categories:
- Alcohol-free beer, containing a maximum alcohol concentration of about 0.05 percent ABV.
- De-alcoholized beer, containing a maximum alcohol concentration of about 0.5 percent.
- Low-alcohol beer, containing a maximum alcohol content of about 1.2 percent.
Risk factors with non-alcoholic beer:
- Non-alcoholic beer still contains some alcohol in very little quantity as compared to regular beer. The danger of intoxication is low but you may consume the alcohol in sufficient quantity if the product is consumed in too much quantity.
- The non-alcoholic beer may increase the level of alcohol in the blood, which in turn, can cause damage to the liver upon excessive consumption.
- As the taste of the non-alcoholic beer is similar to that of regular beer, it stimulates the cravings for alcoholic beverages.
- The consumption of non-alcoholic beverages should also be avoided as it can promote weight gain because of the presence of excessive quantities of sugar in the non-alcoholic beverage.
- Non-alcoholic beverages should also be avoided as they make it difficult for individuals to recover from alcoholism.
- The non-alcoholic beer still contains some traces of alcohol and excessive consumption can cause intoxication.
Benefits of non-alcoholic beer:
Some of the benefits, associated with the consumption of non-alcoholic beer are as follows:
Low in calories:
Non-alcoholic beer is low in calories. The benefits of the consumption of non-alcoholic beverages are mainly associated with their low caloric content as you can easily consume them during weight loss. The consumption of non-alcoholic beer can provide you with only 50 kcal per 330 ml as compared to alcoholic beer, which is known to provide 239 kcal.
Helping in the cutting down of drinking habits:
The consumption of non-alcoholic beverages can also help you to reduce the consumption of alcoholic beverages. You may also go for some soft drinks in place of alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages.
Great in taste:
The taste of the non-alcoholic beer is also great and the brewers are launching many new brands as per the consumers’ demand.
Not produce any adverse effects:
The consumption of non-alcoholic beer is considered safe in that it does cause any adverse effect on the health of an individual. The beer is known to contain only 0.5% of the alcohol, which is not sufficient to make you drunk. Some unpleasant effects, such as anxiety, hangovers, tiredness, or laziness can also be reduced through the consumption of non-alcoholic beverages.
Non-alcoholic beer is natural:
Most of the non-alcoholic beverages are natural as they are prepared from some natural ingredients, such as water, yeast, malt, or hops. The brewers use these ingredients and process them in different ways to produce the products with the lowest alcohol content possible. The taste of the product can further be enhanced through the addition of additives or artificial sweeteners.
Involvement in drinking:
The placement of the non-alcoholic beer in the party menu can also make it feasible for all the people to get involved in the drinking as many people prefer to drink non-alcoholic drinks while the others do not. Non-alcoholic beverages can satisfy the requirement of both alcoholics as well as non-alcoholic drinkers.
Healthy in nature:
Non-alcoholic beer is also considered healthy to some extent as it is low in calories and reduces the occurrence of heart diseases. Non-alcoholic beer is also an excellent source of rehydration for your body and it reduces anxiety as well as promotes better sleep.
Here, you can find the safety concerns associated with the consumption of non-alcoholic beverages by minor drinkers.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “can kids drink non-alcoholic beer” with an in-depth analysis of the consumption of non-alcoholic beer. Moreover, we discussed what are the features of non-alcoholic beer, what are the risk factors with non-alcoholic beer, and what are the benefits of non-alcoholic beer.