In this brief guide, we will answer the question “can you cook ramen in a rice cooker? ” with an in-depth analysis of the procedure of making ramen in a rice cooker. Moreover, we will also discuss the major chances of contamination.
Can you cook ramen in a rice cooker?
Yes, ramen can be prepared in a rice cooker. A Rice cooker is not a device that can simply be used for boiling or steaming rice.
To cook ramen in a rice cooker, the following steps should be followed:
- Take meat, dry or fresh ramen noodles, beans, vegetables (green onions, bean sprouts, lettuce), mushrooms, egg, pork or chicken, and different seasonings.
- Fill the rice cooker with 3-4 inches of water and preheat the cooker at the highest temperature to warm up the water till the steam starts coming out.
- Place the meat in warm water and turn the electric cooker on at the highest temperature setting for about 15 minutes. Remove the meat from the cooker after 15 minutes.
- Again repeat the procedure: take a rice cooker and add water to it about 3 to 4 inches, then add egg in it and set the rice cooker temperature on steam and soups.
- Let the egg cook for at least 10 minutes. After 10 minutes just take out the egg from the rice cooker and peel it.
- To prepare the broth, add water and any ingredients you like, then pick the temperature settings for soup. When the broth is ready, add the mushrooms, ramen noodles, and vegetables and heat until they are semi-cooked.
- Remove the cooked ramen from the cooker and add the beef, onion, and egg to the bowl. If desired, season with a pinch of black pepper, and serve.
What are the problems associated with cooking in a rice cooker?
Food can be burned:
Some people believe that if there is no more water left in the rice cooker it can burn the food because of no water and as well as because of high temperature. the food from the bottom, which may compromise the product’s overall flavor and taste.
When making ramen in a rice cooker, however, this is not the case because there is adequate water in the cooker until the conclusion of the cooking time.
Food may be overcooked or undercooked:
Some people also believe that the temperature setting on a rice cooker is difficult to set so there are high chances of undercooking or overcooking.
But it is not correct. The temperature setting is mentioned on the rice cooker. But the little effort is just making some effort to get enough information about the food that you are going to work.
Chances of contamination:
A Rice cooker is not only used for making a single dish. We can make different recipes in a rice cooker. So there are chances of contamination occurring from one to another.
For example, if you cook meat in it the bacteria from meat may stick to the walls of the rice cooker and then be transferred to another recipe when you made it in the same device.
But you can control this kind of contamination by cleaning the device properly. In this way, you can maintain proper hygiene. It is recommended to wash the cooker thoroughly before and after cooking.
What is the basic ramen recipe in a rice cooker?
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai garlic chile paste
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 (3 ounces) packages of ramen noodles
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 2 green onions, chopped½ cup chopped fresh cilantro½ cup chopped fresh basil
In a slow cooker crock, combine water, soy sauce, coconut milk, chile paste, and peanut butter. Add onion, garlic, ginger green pepper, and cubed chicken and stir to combine. Reserve the flavor packets and stir the ramen noodles into the pot.
Let noodles cook for at least 15 to 20 minutes until they become soft. Then season it with ramen seasoning. In the last, use cucumbers, green onions, cilantro, and basil for garnishing the soup just before serving.
What are the nutrition facts?
- Calories 478.5 calories
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg,
- Fat 32.5 g,
- Fiber 3.2 g,
- Protein 31.3 g, saturated fat
- 10.1 g, Sodium 457.9 mg
- Sugar 5.5 g
How long do fresh ramen noodles last in the fridge?
Fresh ramen noodles can last in the fridge for at least 2 weeks. Moreover, if you are not going to eat and want to store it a bit longer then it is recommended that you use vacuum-sealed bags to wrap it then store it in the freezer.
Is eating uncooked ramen bad?
There is no such problem in consuming ramen noodles raw. It is not unhealthy and does not lead to any danger. Because ramen noodles are pre-cooked and dehydrated products. You can easily consume instant ramen noodles raw in your snack time.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “can you cook ramen in a rice cooker? ” with an in-depth analysis of the procedure of making ramen in a rice cooker. Moreover, we discussed the major chances of contamination.