In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “Can you cook tater tots on the stove?” with an in-depth analysis of the cooking process of tater tots. Moreover, we are going to highlight the different methods of cooking tater tots with or without an oven.
Can you cook tater tots on the stove?
Yes, you can cook tater tots on the stove with the frying pan. For this purpose, take frozen tater tots and then smoosh them into a fresh crispy crust, at that point, add garnishes. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tater tots in ¼ inch deep oil. Change the side of the tots after frying the tots on the other side. Now they will turn out into crispy tots.
Tater tots are grated potatoes shaped into a small cylindrical form, deep-fried, and served as a side dish. The name “tater tot” is derived from the brand name of the American frozen food company “Ore-Ida”.
Tater tots have for some time been a delicious top choice of many kids, however, crispy tater tots make an extraordinary side dish. Frozen tater tots are promptly accessible at most supermarkets and can be easily cooked in a deep fryer or oven.
Homemade preparation of tater tots:
- Boil the 1kg fresh potatoes in water with a pinch of salt.
- Boil them for about 30 minutes until they are cooked properly
- After this cool them and shred all the potatoes with the help of a food processor
- Add a small amount of salt and pepper and mix them in grated potatoes thoroughly
- Now shape them in a cylindrical form or small balls.
- Take a baking tray and put some oil on the baking sheet
- Spray the tots
- Bake them for about 15 or 20 minutes on both sides until they are golden brown
- Crispy homemade tater tots are ready.
Tater tots in oven:
How to make tater tots crispy in the oven?
You have to follow some steps to make tater tots crispy.
- Heat the oven to 213 degrees Celsius
- Put tater tots on a baking sheet. Put some oil over tater tots. Sprinkle it with seasoning salt.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes. After passing time, remove the baking tray from the oven.
- Change the sides of tater tots onto a baking sheet and put them again in the oven
- Bake them for about 10-15 minutes and put the tray out until tater tots become crispy
- You can serve them as a side dish
How to grill tater tots in the oven?
You can grill tater tots in the oven by following steps:
- Heat the grill
- Shower some cooking oil on a disposable pan
- Now arrange a layer of tater tots on this pan
- Place the pan on preheated pan
- Cook for 20 to 22 minutes evenly on both sides.
How to cook frozen tater tots in oven:
Tater tots cooking time:
- You can cook crispy tater tots in the oven by following steps:
- Heat the oven to 232 degrees Celsius
- Put a baking sheet on a baking tray and arrange tots on it
- Cook them for about 20 or 15 minutes until they take the dark brown color
- Bake them evenly from both sides
For five servings, the cooking time of tater tots is 16 ounces. Cooking time is reduced when you have a small number of tater tots.
Tater tots without oven:
In deep fryer:
If you have a deep fryer, you can easily cook tater tots without using an oven.
- Heat the oil
- Add tater tots to the basket. Don’t overfill the basket because in this way some tots will remain uncooked.
- Now lower the basket deep in oil and cook them for 5 minutes
- Take out the basket until the tots are golden brown
How to make spicy tater tots:
Tater tots become tastier when you eat them with ketchup or cheese, however, some of the time you want some extra spicy tots, for this purpose, you can follow some steps to make them spicy:
- Take a frying pan and add half kg chicken in a pan with medium heat
- Cook chicken for about 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is light brown
- Add green and black pepper according to your need
- Then add tater tots to it and cook them
- Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of chili sauce or stir fry sauce and cook them for 3 minutes
- Spicy tater tots are ready.
Are tater tots healthy or not?
Tater tots are healthy as they contain large amounts of fats in them. Tater tots have a higher energy density. When you eat them with low-calorie food they will not be bad otherwise they will increase your weight.
Here, you can find more information about the nutritional facts of tater tots.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “Can you cook tater tots on the stove?” with an in-depth analysis of the cooking process of tater tots. Moreover, we discussed the different methods of cooking tater tots with or without an oven.