In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How big is the cup that comes with a rice cooker? ” with an in-depth analysis of how to clean a rice cooker. Moreover, we are going to discuss how to make recipes in a rice cooker.
How big is the cup that comes with a rice cooker?
The cup that comes with a rice cooker was 180ml, which is a standard size.
How much is a cup of rice?
The weight of 1 cup of uncooked rice is around 178 to 185g while the weight of 1 cup of cooked rice is around 195 to 200g.
How To Clean A Rice Cooker?
Following are the steps for cleaning the rice cooker;
After cooking the rice, unplug the rice cooker and let it cool at room temperature and wait until all the parts have cooled down. After that remove all the parts and inner parts too like an inner lid, steam cap, spatula, and dew collect, tor and set them aside. Remove the steam cap by inserting your fingers in the cutout and lifting upward.
For making a sanitizing solution or a cleaning solution take 2 tablespoons chlorine bleach, 2 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid, and add in the hot water and cover all the parts with it. Let it aside for 2 to 3 hours then rinse it and dry.
Pay attention during cleaning the inner parts to avoid using the abrasive side of the sponge, avoid utensils to clean the inner parts any action could damage the non-stick coating.
Clean the rice cooker on the interior and outside.
Wet a towel or a cloth, wring out the excess water, and wipe the inside and outside of the rice cooker. Wipe the power cord clean with a dry towel.
How to Cook Rice in a Rice Cooker?
Following ingredients that are needed to make rice in a rice cooker;
- tap water for rinsing
- 2 cups short-grain, long-grain, or medium-grain rice
- 2 c filtered water
- Take 2 cups of rice and add it to the rice cooker. You can also measure it with rice cups. Rinse the rice under running water and clean the grains and drain the water and pour the water one before starting. Add two cups of filtered water and follow the instructions. In the rice cooker, your rice will cook faster.
- If your rice cookbook leaves it for 5 minutes and doesn’t open the lid to lose steam after 5 minutes open the lid, fluff the rice with the rice paddle and serve.
Nutritional value of rice:
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Potassium: 71mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 20mg
- Iron: 1mg
Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker:
- 2 cups rice
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, with juice (14-ounce )
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons Better than Bouillon
- 1–3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin or smoked cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash the rice and rinse the water from it, place rice in the rice cooker, cut the tomatoes, onion, spices and add it with water, stir to dissolve the spices in the water. Add salt according to your taste. When the rice is cooked, serve it with burritos.
- Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories 101.1
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 1g
- Sodium 183.6mg
- Carbohydrates 21g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 2.3g
- Vitamin A 11µg
- Vitamin C 2mg
Rice cooker chicken and sausage jambalaya:
The Following are the ingredients that are needed to make chicken and sausage jambalaya;
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 13.5 ounces andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Take a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Cut the onion and pepper and add in it and saute for 3 to 5 minutes until tender. Add garlic and sausage to it and cook well until browned. After that add rice and broth to the rice cooker, add vegetables and sausages in it too, and cook.
Nutritional information per savings:
- Calories 299kcal
- Fat 20g
- Saturated fats 8g
- Trans fat 0g
- Unsaturated fats 10g
- Cholesterol 68 mg
- Sodium 940mg
- Carbohydrates 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 16g
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How big is the cup that comes with a rice cooker? ” with an in-depth analysis of how to clean a rice cooker. Moreover, we discussed how to make recipes in a rice cooker.