In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How do you fix soupy lasagna?” with an in-depth analysis of what makes lasagna soupy? Moreover, we are going to discuss the lasagna recipe.
How do you fix soupy lasagna?
To fix soupy lasagna, add a few pieces of dry fine-ground cheese into it.
Then put it into the oven. The excess liquid present in lasagna will be absorbed by cheese and it will taste better.
What makes lasagna soupy?
If too much water has been used during the preparation of the lasagna then it will ruin the lasagna and will turn it soupy.
How to stop making lasagna soupy?
If you follow the advice given below, you make lasagna very well and it won’t become soupy.
Bèchamel sauce shouldn’t be too runny:
Béchamel sauce used for making lasagna shouldn’t be too runny, it must have a good hold.
For this purpose, when you are making bèchamel sauce pour the milk sparingly while diluting butter and flour.
It will make bèchamel consistent and as a result, lasagna will be made perfectly with it.
Bolognese sauce shouldn’t be thick:
Tomato sauce is used to coat minced meat in making lasagna.
The pasta absorbs this sauce to combine tastes.
If the sauce is too runny, you would need to overcook pasta which is ultimately going to make lasagna soupy.
That’s why it is advised to use a good tomato sauce.
Use Fresh Pasta:
If the fresh pasta isn’t used in making lasagna, the pasta will not absorb the tomato sauce well and the lasagna will become soupy.
Using dry pasta to make lasagna is a perfect choice.
Avoid cooking pasta in olive oil:
Avoid cooking pasta in olive oil because it will lose its tendency to fully absorb the tomato soup.
Pasta should be firm:
Cooking pasta is a very important step in making lasagna.
Pasta should be cooked firm to make perfect lasagna.
However, avoid overlooking pasta because it will reduce its capacity to absorb tomato sauce, and as a result lasagna will become runny.
How to make Lasagna?
The recipe for making a perfect lasagna for 12 servings is given below.
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- Cooking Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Additional Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 3 hrs 15 mins
Following are the ingredients that are needed to make lasagna:
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounces) can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (6.5 ounces) cans canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat in an oven until they turn brown.
- Stir it now in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water.
- Use sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley to season it.
- Then cover it and cook for about 1 1/2 hours, meanwhile stir it continuously.
- Then Bring the salted water to boil.
- Put the lasagna noodles into the water and cook for 8_10mins.
- Drain the water out of noodles and rinse noodles well with cooled water.
- Add ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and half a teaspoon of salt in a bowl and mix it.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Put 11/2 cups of meat sauce in a baking dish of 9×13_inch.
- Arrange 6 noodles over meat sauce lengthwise.
- Spread one-half of the ricotta cheese mixture over it.
- Spread one-third of the mozzarella cheese slices over the top.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over mozzarella too.
- Repeat layers after one another, and top it well with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Now, bake it in the oven for 25 mins.
- Remove the foil from it and again keep in the oven for 25 mins.
- Now let it cool down for 15 mins and serve the delicious lasagna.
Nutritional Value of Lasagna per serving:
The nutritional value of lasagna per serving is;
- 448 calories
- protein 29.7g
- carbohydrates 36.5g
- fat 21.3g
- cholesterol 81.8mg
- sodium 1400.4mg
Here are several other delicious lasagna recipes that you may try and you would love to eat.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How do you fix soupy lasagna?” with an in-depth analysis of what makes lasagna soupy? Moreover, we discussed the lasagna recipe.