In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question ” How long can you store rice Krispie treats?” with an in-depth analysis of the storage techniques of rice Krispie treats. Furthermore, we are going to discuss the nutritional value of Rice Krispie treats.
How long can you store rice Krispie treats?
Rice Krispie treats can last for 2 to 3 days in an air-tight container or zip lock bag in a cool, dry, and dark corner of the pantry away from direct sunlight and heat but in the freezer, they can last for up to 6 weeks.
How can we store rice Krispie treats at room temperature?
● Firstly, cut the rice crispy treats in square shape but if you have to store a bulk of rice Krispie then you can miss this step.
● Arrange the rice crispy treat squares in an airtight container in such a way that there should be minimum headspace. Minimum headspace means that the air will be reduced and freshness will remain for a long time.
● You can also store the rice Krispie treats in a zip-lock bag and squeeze the air from the bag.
● You can use a separator or wax paper to separate layers of the Rice Krispie treats and avoid sticking.
● Store the rice crisps at room temperature. The room temperature can fall between 64 to 73 °F (18 to 23 °C)and be placed anywhere in a cupboard, counter, or a pantry.
● Don’t store the rice crisps for too long. You can consume the crisps within 3 days of storage.
How can you store the rice Krispie treats in the freezer?
You can store the rice Krispie treats in the freezer for about 6 weeks. After 6 weeks they will become hard and will not be edible.
For how long does the homemade rice Krispies last?
The homemade rice Krispie treats can last for 2 days. After that, they will lose their flavor, softness, and quality. But if you want to store them for a longer period so you can freeze them.
Is it OK to eat expired Rice Krispies?
Yes, it is Ok to eat expired Rice Krispie treats. It will not cause any health issues but there will be changes in texture and color, and taste will also not be good. But it is better to eat it before its expiry date.
What should we do to prevent the hardness of the Rice Krispie treats?
● Avoid the overcooking of marshmallows. Once they are melted, immediately remove them from heat.
● After adding the cereal to the mixture, don’t stir too much
● Don’t press the mixture too densely in the pan.
● Store them properly in airtight containers.
What is the nutritional status of rice Krispie treats?
According to the USDA, one serving (22 grams) of Rice Krispies Treats contains:
Protein 0.75 g
Total fat 1.98 g
Carbohydrates 17.7 g
Sugars 4.26 g
Calcium 0.66 mg
Iron 0.48 mg
Magnesium 2.86 mg
Phosphorus 9.24 mg
Potassium 8.58 mg
Sodium 77.2 mg
Zinc 0.11 mg
Copper 0.02 mg
Manganese 0.35 mg
Selenium 2.42 micrograms
Thiamin 0.15 mg
Riboflavin 0.18 mg
Niacin 2 mg
Vitamin B6 0.20 mg
Total folate 53 mg
Folic acid 43.8 micrograms
Vitamin A 198 international units
Retinol 59.4 micrograms
Total calories 91.7
How can we make rice Krispie treats at home?
- In a large pot melt the butter on medium flame. When it melts, the bubbles are formed and golden color appears around the edges. Be careful at this point, it can burn quickly.
- It’s ok if you’ll see little golden-colored sediments formed but if these turned too dark then strain it and pour the batter in the pot.
- Now add 2 cups of marshmallows, vanilla, and salt to it. Place the pot on medium flame and stir it with a wooden spoon until the marshmallows melt completely.
- Remove the pan from the burner and add cereal to it. Mix it with a wooden spoon until it is combined evenly.
- Now add reserved marshmallows and stir the mixture until they are melted partially.
- Transfer this mixture to the baking dish that is lined with foil. Press the mixture to make an even layer. Cool it for at least an hour. Then shift it to the cutting board.
- By using a serrated bread knife cut the rice Krispie treats into squares.
Here are some other recipes of rice Krispie treats that you can try at home.
In this brief guide, we answered the question ” How long can you store rice Krispie treats?” with an in-depth analysis of storage techniques of rice Krispie treats. Furthermore, we also discussed the nutritional value of Rice Krispie treats.