In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How long does it take beer to get cold in the freezer?” with an in-depth analysis of how to store or freeze beer. Moreover, we are going to discuss the nutritional information and recipes for beer.
How much time does the beer take to get cold in the freezer?
It is possible to cool beer in less than thirty minutes in a freezer. Here, we have explained different methods that will help you solve your problem. However, before getting right into these cooling methods, we’ll discuss why a freezer is a better option than a fridge.
What are the different methods to cool the beer in less time:
Since you cannot wait for an hour for the beer to chill, you could apply some cooling methods that can chill the beer in fifteen to twenty minutes. Let’s have a look at those useful methods.
1. Beer bottles covered with a soaked towel:
You can apply this method to a few beer bottles or cans. Soak the towel in the water. Then cover the beer bottles with this soaked towel. Now put these covered beer bottles in the freezer. Within fifteen minutes, these beer bottles are chilled and ready for you and your friends to enjoy.
2. Wrap the beer bottle with copper foil:
Instead of using a soaked towel, you can also use copper foil because copper has high thermal conductivity. So by wrapping the beer bottle with copper foil and placing it in the freezer the cooling gets faster.
And if we apply both the methods together, wrapping with copper foil and a soaked towel beer will be chilled within ten minutes.
3. Add dry ice:
You can also add some dry ice to the beer cans in a freezer. The freezer is icy itself but these ice cubes will absorb much heat from the beer. Avoid melting the cubes by directly contacting them with warm bottles. Consequently, within fifteen minutes, your beer is chilled to enjoy.
4. By Submerging the beer into salt and ice water:
Before putting the bottle in a freezer, you can also go with this option. The materials only required are a bucket or a basin, ice cubes, and salty water. Put your beer bottles or cans in the solution and wait until they cool.
I like to use salt because it helps in lowering the freezing point of ice and water.
How to make beer?
One 40oz. can of any flavor you want (light, dark, stout), or a 1.5kg “tall” can of the same.
1 teaspoon brewer’s yeast. Note: some of the malts also come with little packets of yeast included.
6 – 7 cups of regular white sugar, or 8 – 9 cups of corn sugar. For more good results, you can use two cans of malt extract and do not have any sugar. This will add to the expense, but further, enhance the taste of the beer.
These materials can cost between $10 – 15 depending on the choice of your malt extract. The yield will be up to 23 liters of beer, which is equal to 65 – 70 bottles or cans of beer, with 345ml size.
How to Brew?
The following are methods to brew;
It is said that 75% of brewing is due to good sanitation. First of all clean all the equipment with warm and slightly soapy water. Rinse it well. Then sanitize it by using household bleach at a quantity of 1 tablespoon/gallon of water.
- Pour about 10 liters of fresh and cold water into the 10-gallon plastic pail. If the pail is new then wash it with a mixture of baking soda and water to remove the smell of plastic.
- Boil the seven liters of water in the largest pot available.
- Now add one can of malt extract to it. For 20 minutes stir and cook it uncovered.
- Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- As the sugar is dissolved, pour the contents into the carboy. Pour the materials quickly, which adds air to the mixture. More the air, the yeast gets initially, the better. It will allow them to grow rapidly and get things going.
- Top it with bottled drinking water until the temperature is neutral. If you are using tap water then boil it first to kill bacteria. Test it using a clean and sanitized thermometer. Sprinkle the yeast in it and stir it well. Cover it with a lid.
- Always store beer bottles with the cap up and never on their side.
- Always store the bottles in a cool place and away from direct sunlight.
- The optimal temperature for the storage of beer bottles is around 53.6 F (12 C).
- Avoid storing the bottles in your refrigerator.
- Yeast becomes active in high temperatures and this can spoil the beer.
- Do not shake the beer bottles too much as it can disturb or kill the yeast.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How long does it take beer to get cold in the freezer” with an in-depth analysis of different methods of cooling beer and also proved that a freezer is a better medium to cool beer than a fridge. Moreover, we discussed the recipe and storage of beer.