In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How long is Marie Callender pie good for in the fridge?” with an in-depth analysis of the storage and shelf life of Marie Callender pies. Moreover, we are going to discuss the pie recipe.
How long is Marie Callender pie good for in the fridge?
Any kind of Marie Callender pie can easily last for 2-3 days in the fridge.
How to properly store Marie Callender pie?
If the Marie Callender pie has been stored properly, you can increase its shelf life.
Follow the instructions given below to properly store Marie Callender pie;
- Always keep the eggs containing Marie Callender pies in the fridge.
- You can store the fruit Marie Callender pies at room temperature for two days. But if you will keep them in the fridge, loosely covered, they can last for 4 days.
- You can freeze both baked and unbaked Marie Callender pie crust. The shelf life of unbaked Marie Callender pie crust is 2 months and baked Marie Callender pie crust is 4 months in the freezer.
How to thaw baked Marie Callender pie crust?
To thaw a bakes Marie Callender pie crust;
- Remove it from the freezer.
- Let it stand for some time at room temperature and it will defrost.
- If you can’t wait for it to defrost at room temperature, you can defrost it in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Keep the temperature of the oven at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
What is the shelf life of the Marie Callender pie?
The shelf life of Marie Callender pie depends on various factors such as best by date, preparation method, and storage method.
- Marie Callender pies last for about 3 days in the fridge or for 6_9 months in the freezer.
- The Marie Callender pies usually come with the best by date which is written by the manufacturers over it.
- The best by date refers to the date till that you can enjoy the best quality of the Marie Callender pie but you can use them even if this date passes if they have been properly stored.
Can Marie Callender pie go bad?
Yes! Marie Callender pie can go bad. There’s no specific indicator through which we can measure whether our Marie Callender pie has gone bad or not.
- But the first thing that goes bad in Marie Callender pie is the crust. That’s why the soggy crust is a sign of a bad Marie Callender pie. In the case of the soggy crust, the filling will start losing water and water will be absorbed by the crust.
- The color, texture, and smell of the Marie Callender pie also change when it gets bad.
- The presence of molds over the Marie Callender pie is also a sign of the bad Marie Callender pie.
What happens if you eat expired Marie Callender pie?
If you eat the expired Marie Callender pie, you can get sick. It can cause food poisoning. Following are the symptoms of the foodborne illness;
- Stomach cramps
How to make pie?
There are many types of pies and several types of recipes are also available. Let’s look at one of them.
Chicken and Mushroom Puff pie:
Following are the ingredients that are needed to make chicken and mushroom Puff Marie Callender pie;
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cut into large Marie Callender pieces
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 250g baby button mushrooms
- a handful of thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml chicken stock
- 200ml milk
- 500g pack fresh puff pastry, or frozen and defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oil in a pan and season the chicken thighs.
- Fry the chicken thighs and fry for 5_8 mins and let them turn brown.
- Remove the chicken and put it on a plate. Put the bacon pieces into the pan.
- Fry them for 5 mins, add onions, mushrooms, and thyme sprigs, and again fry for 3 mins.
- Put the flour too in a pan and cook for 1 min.
- They whip in the chicken stock and milk and add the chicken back to the pan.
- Boil and cook for another 30 mins.
- Let the filling cool down by spooning it into a large pie.
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Put the flour on something and roll pastry over it.
- Cut a long strip meanwhile using a little beaten egg and fix the edges of the Marie Callender pie dish.
- Lift the pastry over the Marie Callender pie and press the edges with the help of your fingers.
- Then bake it for 30 mins.
Here are more recipes for delicious pies.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How long is Marie Callender pie good for in the fridge?” with an in-depth analysis of the storage and shelf life of Marie Callender pies. Moreover, we discussed the pie recipe.