In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How many cherry seeds can kill you?” with an in-depth analysis of symptoms after eating cherry seeds and their side effects on human health. Moreover, we are going to highlight the health benefits of cherries and the recipes in which cherries are used.
How many cherry seeds can kill you?
Eating approximately 30 cherry seeds will kill you. Swallowing one or two seeds can also cause some alarming situations for you. Some parts of the cherry can be harmful if ingested. The leaves, seeds, and twigs of cherry seeds are well known for impacting negative effects on human and animal health.
Symptoms after eating cherry seeds:
When cherry seeds are consumed in large amounts, many symptoms occur.
- Gastritis- gastritis is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach
- Difficulty in breathing
Are cherry seeds poisonous?
Yes, cherry seeds are poisonous to the health of humans and animals.
Cherry seeds contain cyanide. When you chew or crush seeds, cyanide will cause negative effects on your body.
Children can be affected immediately as they have less body weight. So the cherry seeds will be poisonous to children. Give your children instruction that they spit out cherry seeds after eating cherries.
The amount of cyanide is the greatest in Morello cherry seeds, which is 65mg per seed. Black cherries have cyanide at 2.7 mg per seed. Red cherries have cyanide at 3.9 mg per seed.
Cyanide is only formed when you chew the seeds. Cherry seeds contain the compound amygdalin. When you chew the seeds, the body converts this compound into cyanide.
Risk of heart attack:
Cherry seeds are not directly related to heart diseases. But when you chew them or crush them, they will increase your heart rate. You would feel difficulty in breathing. If your heart rate increases too much after chewing cherry seeds, then immediately consult your doctor.
Health benefits of cherry:
- Helps in reducing uric acids levels
- Cherries are often proposed by doctors for the treatment of gout
- Cherry contains antioxidant compounds which protect you from diseases and also prevent cell damage
- Cherry seeds are used to extract compounds from kernels to form liqueur
- The use of cherry seeds for culinary purposes is safe.
How do you add cherries to your diet?
Cherries are versatile and delicious fruit. They are used in many recipes.
Cherry compote and goat cheese:
- Sweet cherries 1lb
- Light brown sugar 2 tablespoons
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Minced fresh thyme ¼ tablespoons
- Goat cheese 4 oz
- Cook cherries in a pan and add sugar in it over medium heat
- Stir it and cook for 4 minutes
- Add thyme and vinegar to it and cook for 1 minute.
- Slice the goat cheese into a round shape and top it with warm compote
- You can keep the compote in the fridge for 3 days.
Cherry chia jam:
Cherry chia jam is used for topping everything from waffles to ice cream. You can keep it in the fridge for a few weeks.
- Frozen cherries 2 cups
- Chia seeds 2 tablespoons
- Honey 2 tablespoons
- Cook pitted frozen cherries and honey in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir it and cook for 5 minutes
- While heating, mash the cherries with a spoon
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, cover it and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and stir in chia seeds
- When jam cols it will thicken
- Store it in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 weeks
For making creamy smoothie sweetness is added to cherries and cocoa with dates and thickness is done with chia seeds and oats.
- Cherries froze 1 cup
- Oats ¼ cups
- Chia seeds 1 tbsp
- Dates 1-2 Medjool
- Vanilla almond milk 1 cup should be unsweetened
- Protein powder 1 scoop (Optional)
- Baby spinach 1-2 handfuls (Optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend well until it becomes smooth
- Make smoothies ahead of time for a creamier texture.
Cherry walnut chicken salad:
This is a delicious salad recipe with spinach, cherries, and walnuts. It is highly nutritious.
- Chicken breasts 4 pieces
- Baby spinach 8 oz
- Cheese 1 cup
- Dried cherries 5 oz
- Walnuts 1 cup
- Olive oil according to taste
- Red wine vinegar according to taste
- Add spinach to a large bowl and top it with chicken, cherries, walnuts, and cheese.
- Add olive oil and vinegar and then combine.
Here, you can find cherries and other foods which could kill you if you eat enough of them.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How many cherry seeds can kill you?” with an in-depth analysis of the side effects of eating cherry seeds. Moreover, we discussed the health benefits of cherries and recipes in which cherries are used.