In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How to cook a frozen pizza without an oven?” with an in-depth analysis of the nutritional value and storage of frozen pizza. Moreover, we are going to discuss the recipe for making frozen pizza at home.
How to cook a frozen pizza without an oven?
There are several ways to cook frozen pizza without an oven such as;
- In the toaster oven
- On the stove
- On the grill
- In the microwave
Let’s discuss all of the three methods given above in detail.
In the toaster Oven:
- The toaster oven is also known as a countertop electric oven.
- Toasted ovens are easily available nowadays. They don’t take much space.
- Along with baking, you can use a toaster oven for broiling and toasting.
- Toast the frozen pizza in a toaster oven.
- Do so until the cheese melts and the crust becomes crispy.
On the stove:
- To bake the pizza on the stove, you will have to take a frying pan.
- Grease the frypan with oil. It will distribute heat evenly and turn the crust crispy.
- Now, bake your pizza on it.
On the grill:
- To bake pizza on the grill, heat the grill to 600°F.
- A lit charcoal grill can also be used for this purpose.
- Put the dough on the grill and let it grill for 3 minutes.
- Turn over the dough and garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Cover the grill now and let it cook for 3 minutes more to melt the cheese and turn the dough crispy and brown.
In the microwave:
- In this method, put a microwave crisper pan between the pizza and microwave plate.
- If a crisper pan isn’t available, you can use a stove pan as an alternative to baking your frozen pizza.
What is the nutritional value of frozen pizza?
A medium-sized frozen pizza cooked in the microwave has the nutritional value as follows;
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 18g
- Carbs: 38g
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 810 mg — 34 percent of the RDI value
As long as health is concerned, the healthful aspect of frozen pizza depends on how it is made.
If you have used too much cheese in making pizza then it wouldn’t be healthy for you.
Overeating or using frozen pizza daily can be harmful to your health.
Keeping in mind a balanced diet, you can eat frozen pizza once in a while.
How long can we store frozen pizza?
- If the frozen pizza is stored in an airtight container or wrapped well in the plastic sheet and aluminum foil, it can be kept for 1_2 months.
- Before consuming or reheating it you must keep it in the refrigerator a few days before thawing it.
How to know that your frozen pizza has gone bad?
There are some signs that you should consider to let you know that your frozen pizza has gone bad and you no longer can use it.
These signs for bad frozen pizza include the development of dry spots or discoloration on your frozen pizza.
If you notice these signs, dispose of the pizza and don’t eat it.
Is frozen pizza safe to eat after the expiration date?
Yes! You can use frozen pizza after the expiration date written on the package has been passed if it’s properly stored.
It may have a “best by” date which is a manufacturer’s estimate of how long this pizza can last.
However, it is always advised to not eat pizza after the expiration date as it’s not safe for health.
How to make frozen pizza at home?
Follow the steps given below to make frozen pizza at home.
- First of all, choose the crust. You can either use store-bought pizza crust or make it on your own.
- The next step is to parboil your pizza.
- You can par-bake only the crust and add the toppings later or you can parboil the crust with the toppings, it depends on your choice.
- For parbaking, preheat your oven at 232°C.
- Now par-bake it for 3-5 minutes.
- The crust should have a pale color and a dry top.
- Now get the crust out of the oven.
- Add your toppings, cheese, and pizza sauce.
- Now pre-freeze your pizza on a baking tray. It may take about 3 hours without covering it.
- The next step is to wrap the pizza. You can use a thick plastic sheet for this purpose.
- Wrap again using a thick aluminum foil.
- Put the pizza in the freezer now.
Here’s another method to make tasty frozen pizza.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How to cook a frozen pizza without an oven?” with an in-depth analysis of the nutritional value and storage of frozen pizza. Moreover, we discussed the recipe for making frozen pizza at home.