In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question” How to cook pig ears in the pressure cooker?” with an in-depth analysis of the procedure of cooking them in a pressure cooker. Moreover, we are going to highlight the method of cleaning and boiling them.
How to cook pig ears in the pressure cooker?
Pig ears are a well-known addition to any meal. But, if you don’t know how to cook pig ears, there is a quick guide for you to help you learn how to cook pig ears in the pressure cooker.
- Wash the pig ears thoroughly.
- If you see any dirt or debris, then remove them from the skin.
- Cut off the tips of the ears.
- Put the pig ears into the pressure cooker.
- Add enough water to cover the ears.
- Continuously look after it. Take care that the water level does not go above the top of the pressure cooker.
- Close the pressure cooker tightly.
- Turn the stove on medium heat.
- If the pressure in the pressure cooker reaches full pressure, then make sure to reduce the heat to low. Let the pig ears cook in a pressure cooker for about 20 minutes.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker carefully after 20 minutes.
- Check the ears. If they are tender, take them out of the pressure cooker. If they are not tender, then again cook them in a pressure cooker for another 5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pressure cooker. Open the pressure cooker carefully. Remove the ears of the pig from the pressure cooker. Serve immediately.
What is pork:
Pork is lean meat. There is approximately 4 % fat in pork. It is low in cholesterol and calories. Pork is very versatile and can be used in every recipe. You can cook it in many different ways such as barbecuing, roasting, grilling, baking, sautéing, stir-frying, stewing, braising, and even smoking. Pork consists of high contents of protein, iron, zinc, vitamin B12, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, phosphorus, selenium, potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese, and calcium.
How do you clean pig ears before cooking?
Pig ears can be easily cooked. Cooking them in a pressure cooker takes about 30 minutes. They are sold frozen and thawed. Thawing the ears takes about 10 minutes.
Once you have thawed, just cut off their tips and remove any remaining fat.
- Cut each ear into two pieces. Place the ears in the pressure cooker. Add 1 cup of cold water. Cover the pressure cooker with its lid and bring the pressure cooker to full pressure.
- Cook them on low medium heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- If they are cooked, remove them from heat and keep them covered for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally.
- After you release the pressure, open the lid of the pressure cooker and drain the ears well. Serve hot.
How do you clean and cook pig ears?
Pig ears are very dirty and greasy. They are usually sold in markets and supermarkets. Thoroughly wash the pig ears. It is an important step before cooking them.
- Wash pig ears from water until the water runs clear.
- If there is any dirt, remove it from the ear with the help of a brush.
- Rinse pig ears well after washing.
- Dry pig ears completely.
- Cut off the tips of pig ears.
- Cut them into two halves.
- Clean pig ears with a damp cloth.
- Remove the skin from pig ears using a sharp knife.
- Cut the pig ears into pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet.
- Add the pig ears and stir fry until golden brown. Drain pig ears. Serve hot.
How much time does it take to boil pig ears?
Pig ears are very fatty and greasy. It is advised by people not to eat them raw because they tend to stick to the teeth. It will be better for you to soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes and then wash them thoroughly. After washing, dry them completely. Cut off the tips of the ears and place them in a pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper powder and let it simmer until the meat becomes soft. After this, remove them from heat and serve.
How to know when pig ears are done?
Pigs’ ears are cooked just like other meats are cooked. Cut them into pieces and marinate them in a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and sometimes chili powder. Then, place them in a pan and cook them until they are tender.
Here, you can find out about pig ears instant pot recipes.
In this brief guide, we answered the question” How to cook pig ears in the pressure cooker?“ with an in-depth analysis of the procedure of cooking them. Moreover, we discussed the methods of cleaning and boiling pig ears.