In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How to cut a jalapeno pepper without gloves?” With an in-depth analysis of “How to remove jalapeno from your hands?”Moreover, we are going to discuss the uses and nutritional value of jalapeno pepper.
How to cut a jalapeno pepper without gloves?
To cut the jalapeno pepper without gloves, follow the instructions given below;
- Put the jalapeno pepper on the cutting board.
- Remove the stem of the jalapeño pepper off and lengthwise cut it into two halves.
- Take a plastic bag and keep it next to the cutting board.
- Put one half of the jalapeno pepper in the middle of the plastic bag.
- Fold over the plastic bag to fully cover the jalapeno pepper.
- Make sure to not make any scratches on the plastic bag with your nails.
- Then squeeze out the seeds into the plastic bag.
- Do the same to the remaining half of the jalapeno.
Why are gloves used to cut jalapeno pepper?
There’s tons of heat in the seeds and membrane of the jalapeno pepper.
The heat in the jalapeno pepper is present due to the presence of capsaicin oil.
That’s why you need to protect your hands from exposure to the seeds of the pepper.
That’s why most gloves are used for hand protection.
However, gloves aren’t necessary. You can cut the jalapeno pepper even without gloves easily.
What is another way to cut the jalapeno pepper if you don’t have gloves or a plastic bag?
Don’t worry if you neither have nor plastic bag to cut a jalapeno pepper, there’s another way to cut the jalapeno without burning your hands.
Follow the instructions given below to cut the jalapeno pepper in this way;
- Thoroughly wash the jalapeno pepper and lengthwise cut it into two halves.
- Remove the stalk and put the knife close to the surface of the flesh of the jalapeno pepper.
- Using the tip of your knife, cut the white pith and white core of the pepper.
- Scrape all the seeds out of the pepper and dispose of them.
- Then wash your hands well and try not to make contact with your eyes even after washing your hands for some time.
How to remove jalapeno from your hands?
If, unfortunately, your hands get in contact with the jalapeno pepper, you will feel a burning sensation due to the presence of capsaicin oil in it.
But capsaicin oil can be removed from your hands, so don’t worry.
Here are some tips to get capsaicin oil off your hands;
Use Olive oil:
You can remove capsaicin oil by using olive oil.
For this purpose follow the given steps;
- Coat the olive oil on your hands.
- Then rub the olive oil underneath your fingernails to avoid any Irritation.
- Use soap and water to wash your hands properly.
Washing hands with alcohol or diluted bleach solution:
You can also use an alcoholic or diluted bleach solution to get rid of capsaicin oil present in the seeds of the jalapeno pepper.
Follow the instructions given while doing so;
- Pour some alcohol into a bowl and submerge your hands in the alcohol.
- Don’t keep the hands in alcohol for too long, just remove them quickly after coating alcohol on them.
- If you don’t have alcohol, you can use a diluted bleach solution.
- Put 1 part bleach and 5 parts water in a bowl and dip your hands in it.
- Remove the hands after coating them immediately.
- Then rinse your hands with soap and water after using alcohol or bleach.
- Also, apply moisturizer to the hands.
How is jalapeno pepper used?
There are several ways to use jalapeno pepper.
Some of them are as follows;
- You can make jalapeno pickles yourself using jalapeno pepper.
- You can stuff the jalapeno peppers.
- You can also grill the jalapeno pepper.
What are the types of jalapeno pepper?
Dozens of types of jalapeno pepper are present.
Some of them are as follows;
- The Senorita
- The Fresno
- The Sierra Fuego
- The Mucho Nacho
What is the nutritional value of jalapeno pepper?
Jalapeno peppers are used in both fresh whole form and canned, sliced or pickled form.
The nutritional value for one raw jalapeno pepper is given below;
- Calories: 4
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Protein: 0.1 gram
- Fiber: 0.4 gram
Jalapeno peppers contain a rich amount of vitamin A and C, K, B and potassium as well as carotene.
Here are the health benefits of jalapeno pepper.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How to cut a jalapeno pepper without gloves?” With an in-depth analysis of “How to remove jalapeno from your hands?”Moreover, we discussed the uses and nutritional value of jalapeno pepper.