In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How to grate carrots in a blender?” with an in-depth analysis of other methods to grate carrots. Moreover, we are going to discuss the nutritional value and storage of grated carrots.
How to grate carrots in a blender?
To grate the carrots in a blender, wash the carrots.
- Peel them with the help of a peeler.
- Cut the carrots into small pieces and put them in the blender.
- Put the lid over the blender and turn it on.
- Then blend them there.
- Once carrots have been grated in a blender, turn off the blender.
- Then you can put them in a bowl and use them as per your requirement.
What are the other ways to grate carrots?
If the blender isn’t available, you can grate the carrots with other methods too that are available.
Other methods for grating the carrots include the use of a food processor or cheese grater.
Using a food processor to grate carrots:
Food processors can be used as an alternative to the blender to grate carrots.
To grate the carrots with a food processor, follow the steps given below.
- Wash the carrots well.
- Peel the carrots with the help of a peeler.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Clean the parts of the food processor and adjust the machine.
- Turn the machine on.
- Put the pieces of carrots into the machine and grate them.
- Turn off the food processor and scoop out the carrots.
Using a cheese grater to grate carrots:
Cheese grater can also be used as an alternative to grating carrots.
To grate carrots with the cheese grater;
- Wash the carrots well and peel them off.
- Hold the carrot in one hand and the cheese grater in another.
- Now applying the medium force, rub the carrot against the grater.
- Continue to do so until all the carrots are rubbed.
What grated carrots are good for?
- Grated carrots along with olive oil and lemon make the antioxidant salad.
- Grated carrots help in the promotion of the digestive system.
- It is rich in fiber that’s why they serve as a natural brush for the intestine.
- It is also very helpful against diarrhea and constipation.
- It is also good for your eyes.
What is the nutritional value of grated carrots?
The nutritional value for the 1 Cup of the grated carrots is as follows;
- Calories 45g
- Total Fat 0.3ggrams
- Saturated Fat 0 grams
- Trans Fat 0 grams
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 76mg
- Potassium 352 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 11g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g
- Sugars 5.2g
- Protein 1g
How to store shredded carrots?
If you want to store shredded carrots for a few days, you can refrigerate them.
To keep shredded carrots fresh in the fridge, you can use several methods such as;
- You can store carrots in a zip lock bag.
- You can store shredded carrots in an airtight container.
- You can also add some water into the airtight container to keep fresh for a longer time.
- Another way to store shredded carrots and keep them usable, you can freeze them.
- For freezing the carrots, you first would have to blanch them.
How to blanch grated carrots?
Blanching carrots before freezing them is necessary. You can follow these simple steps to blanch your carrots.
- Boil water in a large pot and put carrots into it.
- Boil the carrots for 3-5 mins.
- Put them then in ice water.
- After blanching, put the carrots in a plastic bag and freeze them.
How to use pre_grated carrots?
Pre_grated carrots can be utilized in several ways, some of them are following;
- You can wrap the grated carrots up. The carrots will add color and fresh taste to several wraps.
- Grated carrots can also be used as a bowl topper. You might get noodles or grain as the base and the carrots will act as the perfect topping for them.
- You can also make salads and slaws. For example, you can make the classic carrot raisin salad.
- To make this salad combine grated carrots with your favorite raisin.
- Similarly, grated carrots can be used in the preparation of slaw styled salads.
- You can use grated carrots with noodles too. Grated carrots can be used either in cooked or half fried form with noodles. Raw carrots also go well.
- You can also add grated carrots into vegetable stir-fries to enhance the color and nutrients in them.
- Pre-heated carrots can also be used in soups.
- They can also be consumed in veggie burgers and sandwiches.
However, there are many other recipes you can make using carrots and enjoy. Some of them are here.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How to grate carrots in a blender?” with an in-depth analysis of other methods to grate carrots. Moreover, we discussed the nutritional value and storage of grated carrots.