In the brief guide, we are going to answer the question ‘How to remove burnt sugar from the stovetop’ with an in-depth analysis of which is the best method to clean it.
How to remove burnt sugar from the stovetop?
To remove burnt sugar from a gas stovetop, switch off the burner first, then use a spatula or spoon to scrape the hardened sugar from the bottom. Then, using a clean cloth or paper towel, rub down the gas stovetop with a thick layer of baking soda. Carry on until all traces of sugar have vanished.
What are the ingredients you will need to remove burnt sugar from the stovetop?
White vinegar, baking soda, bleach, dish soap, warm water, spray bottle, sponge, tissue, microfiber cloth, scraper, gloves, mask, and goggles.
What is the cleaning Procedure to remove burnt sugar from the stovetop?
Gather the ingredients we mentioned above and get ready to start the cleaning process.
1. Vinegar and warm water
Vinegar is an effective cleaner and also has a deodorizing effect. It takes less time to moisten the burn line. Learn how to use vinegar to clean burnt sugar.
- Take a spray bottle, fill it halfway with warm water and half with white vinegar. Add a few drops of dish soap and stir until combined.
- Spray directly on burnt sugar and allow a few minutes for the sugar to loosen. For best results, take a clean cloth, spray the solution on it, microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Then pull the cloth out with tongs and place the cloth soaked in hot vinegar over the burnt sugar. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Using a scraper, hold it at a 30-degree angle and scrape the burn line until all is removed.
- Then use a damp cloth or sponge and wipe the surface to remove residue.
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe away excess moisture.
2. Baking Soda and Warm Water
Baking soda is another cleaner that helps clean burnt sugar and road stains. But it takes a long time.
- Prepare a solution of baking soda and warm water. Take two tablespoons of baking soda and add warm water to form a thick paste. Add a few drops of lemon juice for more effect.
- Apply the soda mixture to the burnt cooking plate, let it sit for at least 1 hour; if you have enough time, leave it for 2 hours.
- Baking soda will dry soon; When it dries, spray it with vinegar or cover it with a towel soaked in vinegar.
- Take a sponge and rub some in a circular motion; If sugar stains come off, pick them up and wipe them with another clean damp cloth. And if it doesn’t come off easily, repeat the process, don’t try to scrub the cooktop with any kind of brush. It will ruin your pretty pot.
- Now, take a microfiber cloth and wipe off excess moisture.
3. Bleach and dishwashing liquid
Bleach is a last resort when other products don’t work. But be careful when using it; Wear gloves, a face shield, and goggles. You can use bleach in two ways. One person simply uses it alone and the other uses it with warm water to form a paste.
- Take some bleach, sprinkle it on the burnt sugar, make a thick layer and leave it for 6 hours.
- After the time has elapsed, apply some laundry detergent on the hob and gently scrub with a sponge in a circular motion.
- Wipe the glass hob with a cloth and rinse with water.
- Use a microfiber cloth to absorb excess moisture.
- Another method is to mix bleach and warm water, dip a cotton ball in it and place it on the acne or stubborn stain, remove the cotton ball and wipe it with a damp cloth.
4. Floor scrubber
If you want to remove burnt sugar on a gas stove, scrape it off with a nylon scrubber. Remember that you should only use a scrubber if your pot is metal or steel – a scrubber helps to remove any burn lines. Clean residue with a soft cloth or microfiber cloth, soak the cloth in warm water and wipe the surface. If your gas stovetop is ceramic or glass, avoid using a scrubber as it will only damage the glass. Only metal gas stoves are suitable for this procedure.
A single-blade razor can be used to remove burnt lines on metal baking sheets. The razor does a pretty good job of scraping the burn line, and it also works well for removing the burn line; however, if you have a glass cover, never use a carbide blade. Although the carbide scraper will damage glass cooktops, it can clean burn lines on steel or metal surfaces.
In the brief guide, we discussed answering the question ‘How to remove burnt sugar from the stovetop’ with depth analysis of which is the best method to clean it.