In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “what happens if you eat expired yogurt” with an in-depth analysis of yogurt on health. Moreover, we are going to discuss how to store yogurt.
What happens if you eat expired yogurt?
If you eat expired yogurt it can lead to food poisoning and you can become sick. Eating expired yogurt will lead to diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. If it passes its expiration date then its consumption is unsafe. After its expiry date its taste changes from sweet to tangier within a day or two.
How to store yogurt?
- You can store yogurt in the refrigerator at all times depending on its type. Don’t put the yogurt on the door side of the fridge because the temperature fluctuations at the door side make the taste bad or may expire quickly.
- When you get yogurt from a shop you see a gold foil on the mouth of the yogurt which protects it from being spoiled. So after opening the yogurt try to cover it tightly with gold foil and a rubber band so you can prevent it from spoiling.
- Take according to your need and don’t put back the leftover yogurt into the portion back into the rest of the yogurt. Use a clean and dry spoon to make yogurt.
- Put away the yogurt and other food which have a high and pungent smell and whenever you buy check the best buy date on the label.
How long does an open yogurt pack last?
Within 3 to 5 days after opening the pack of yogurt, you should consume it to get the best quality and taste of yogurt. After that period the quality, color, and taste also changed. You can eat them these days especially if they don’t have special preservatives.
How can you store different types of yogurt?
There are different types of yogurt that have different expiry duration h
These unopened packs of yogurt and dates are given below:
You can store frozen yogurt in the fridge for a long time but in the freezer, you can store it for 2 to 3 months.
In the fridge, you can store it for 1 to 2 weeks but in the freezer for 1 to 2 months.
You can store an unopened pack of Drinkable yogurt in the fridge for 7 to 10 days but in the freezer, you can store it for 1 to 2 months.
Yogurt with fruits:
An unopened pack of fruit yogurt can be stored in the fridge for 7 days to 1 week and in the freezer for 1 to 2 months.
Reduce fat yogurt:
Unopened packs of fat yogurt can store for 1 to 2 weeks and in the freezer for 1 to 2 months.
All types of yogurt:
You can store all types of yogurt for only 1 month.
How many types of yogurt?
There are many types of yogurt which are mentioned below are:
- Soy yogurt
- Sheep’s milk yogurt
- Coconut yogurt
- Goat milk yogurt
- Almonds yogurt
- Australian yogurt
How to tell if the yogurt is bad?
There are many signs which show the yogurt going bad:
If the taste of the yogurt becomes sour, it always is. In some time it looks good but when you taste it is sour instead of sweet this means it starts to spoil.
If you see any discoloration in the yogurt or see molds grow on the lid side this means it’s going bad discard it immediately.
If the texture of the yogurt changes from smooth to lumpy this means it’s going bad or if the liquid is separated from thick paste this means it becomes outdated or bad.
How to make yogurt at home?
We make yogurt at home easily which is given below:
- Milk: 42 ounces
- Yogurt starter: 1 packet
- Take a bowl, add the milk to it, and then put this bowl in the microwave oven at 180 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the bowl from the microwave and rest to reach 112 to 115 Fahrenheit. If you want faster, put it in an ice bath.
- Take a cup of warm milk and add the starter to the cup mix well then again put this milk in the bowl of milk and then mix.
- Then put this milk in the glass jar for about 7 to 8 hours in a warm place. The long time you give the yogurt to make the best yogurt.
- After this period yogurt is ready to eat and serve you can eat it or store it in the fridge.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “what happens if you eat expired yogurt” with an in-depth analysis of yogurt on health. Moreover, we discussed how to store yogurt.