In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “What is the best time to eat oranges” with an in-depth analysis of how to store or freeze oranges. Moreover, we are going to discuss the nutritional information and recipes for oranges.
What is the best time to eat oranges?
Morning or afternoon is the best time to eat oranges as well as before a workout. You can also eat oranges because fruits have a rich source of minerals, vitamins, natural sugars, fiber, and antioxidants. If you eat oranges on an empty stomach it helps to refuel your body.
Is it good to eat oranges after dinner?
You can eat oranges throughout the day but it is better to eat them in the morning or afternoon. There is no evidence that you should not eat oranges after dinner. You can eat any time a day because oranges are nutritious and healthy so you can eat anytime.
What happens if you eat oranges every day?
If you eat oranges in excess it can cause abdominal cramps and can affect digestion as well as diarrhea due to high fiber content.
Are oranges good for losing weight?
Yes, oranges can help you in losing weight, if we eat oranges it increases fullness, less hunger than drinking orange juice. Oranges have fewer calories and consist of Vitamin C, fiber, and nutrients, antioxidants that can help reduce weight, eating them in moderation due to their high sugar content helps to burn fats.
Oranges give lemon and grapefruit effects on the body that’s why it also gives healthy skin as well as lower the diseases risks. You can eat oranges in different ways like in slices, add in your salad and you can make orange juice too.
What is the Nutritional information of oranges?
- Calories: 66
- Water: 86% by weight
- Protein: 1.3 grams
- Carbs: 14.8 grams
- Sugar: 12 grams
- Fiber: 2.8 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Vitamin C: 92% DV
- Folate: 9% of the DV
- Calcium: 5% of the DV
- Potassium: 5% of the DV
How to store oranges?
You can store oranges in different ways:
- Store orange at room temperature
- Store orange in the fridge
- Store orange slices
- Freeze oranges
Store oranges at room temperature:
You can store oranges at room temperature for a week.
Store oranges in a fridge:
You can store oranges in the fridge for a month but if you put washed orange in the fridge, the moisture speed up the spoiling process that’s why you should always put oranges in a dry place or an airtight container as well as you can also store them in the crisper drawer of your fridge for a month.
Store orange slices:
You can also store cut oranges in a plastic bag or airtight container and store it in a drawer of your fridge but they have a shorter shelf life, they can stay fresh for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze oranges but you should follow these steps:
First of all, wash the oranges and cut slices, put the baking sheet, and arrange them in a dish or a plate. Cover the orange and freeze it overnight and store them for a year.
Following are the ingredients that are needed to make orange jam as;
- 6 oranges
- 5 cups of water
- 3 ½ cup sugar
- First, wash the oranges and peel them. Remove the seeds, Cut the oranges into slices and keep them in a bowl.
- After that, take a saucepan, add water to the saucepan, and boil. In the boiling water add oranges and stir continuously for 30 minutes when the oranges become soft low the stove flame. While stirring add sugar to it after removing the foam, let it cool for 30-40 minutes, and store it in a jar. You can store it at room temperature and in the fridge too.
Orange Ricotta Pancakes:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Maple syrup and confectioners’ sugar
- Take a bowl and add all-purpose flour, sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl and mix it well. Take another bowl, add egg, cheese, milk, orange pulp, orange juice, melted butter, and vanilla whisk them until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Heat the oven at low medium, add ¼ cupfuls on the griddle and cook. You should cook until the bubbles begin to pop and the second side is golden
Here are some more delicious orange recipes, cook yourself and enjoy.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “What is the best time to eat oranges” with an in-depth analysis of how to store or freeze oranges. Moreover, we discussed the nutritional information and recipes for oranges.