In this brief guide, we will answer the question “What to do with leftover lasagna sheets? ” Moreover, we will also discuss how to use leftover lasagna sheets in different delicious recipes.
What to do with leftover lasagna sheets?
If you made lasagna and have some leftover lasagna sheets and do not have any idea what to do with them. Don’t worry we have got you all covered. Leftover lasagna sheets can be used in different dishes like:
- Fried pasta nachos
- Stir-fry pasta
- Broken kerchief
- Apple pudding
- Torta di pasta
How can you use leftover lasagna sheets in apple pudding?
To use lasagna leftover sheets in apple pudding do as follow:
- Cut the boiled lasagna sheets into equivalent lengths.
- Add an egg and a handful of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add it to a lubed pie plate with crusty apple pie filling.
- You can do crumble topping or something of your own choice.
- Heat the apple pudding until it is perfectly cooked or baked.
- Present with the apple pudding serving it with the sauce of your own choice.
How can you use leftover lasagna sheets in a broken kerchief?
Lasagna noodles are not just used for layering. Put lasagna noodles to use with creative ideas.
To prepare a broken kerchief with leftover lasagna sheets follow the given steps:
- Break each leftover lasagna noodle into 3 or 4 rough squares.
- Toss lasagna sheets with creamy pesto sauce.
- Garnish it with parmesan and farm-fresh basil leaves.
How can you use leftover lasagna sheets in fried pasta nachos?
- Fry the cooked leftover lasagna noodles.
- Dry them and start layering with Alfredo sauce.
- Add crumble-cooked Italian hotdogs and lots of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook until it is softened.
- Sprinkle some red chili flakes and enjoy your dish.
How can you use leftover lasagna sheets in Roll-ups?
Lasagna roll-ups are the combination of the best classic lasagna and are considered a much easier dish to cook and serve right away. They are easy and fast to bake and take no resting time. Following are the steps to bake leftover lasagna sheet roll-ups in no time:
- Cook the lasagna noodles.
- Prepare meat sauce and spread it on lasagna sheets.
- Prepare cheese sauce and spread it all over the noodles.
- Transfer noodles to a casserole dish.
- Add the remaining meat sauce and roll your noodles.
- Top with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil wrap before baking.
Bake at 375˚F for about 40 minutes. Remove the foil wrap and broil for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is lightly golden. Garnish with farm-fresh parsley to serve.
What are the nutritional benefits of roll-ups?
Following are the nutritional benefits of lasagna roll-ups:
Fat 22% of the daily value
Cholesterol 25% of the daily value
Sodium 33% of the daily value
Potassium 13% of the daily value
Carbohydrates 9% of the daily value
Fiber 8% of the daily value
Sugar 4% of the daily value
Protein 48% of the daily value
Vitamin A 14% of the daily value
Vitamin C 7% of the daily value
Calcium 34% of the daily value
Iron 11% of the daily value
Can you store lasagna roll-ups for later use?
Yes, you can store lasagna roll-ups for late use. Following are the two methods that you can opt to store your lasagna roll-ups for the time ahead:
You can bake your roll-ups and place them in a refrigerator. To serve later, reheat it in a microwave until the cheese melts, and enjoy your delicious leftover lasagna sheets in roll-ups.
Assemble your leftover lasagna sheet roll-ups and place them in the freezer by covering them in foil wrap. You can bake these roll-ups fresh just before eating. Bake at 375˚F for about 40 minutes. Remove the foil wrap and broil for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is lightly golden. Garnish with farm-fresh parsley to serve.
How can you use leftover lasagna sheets in a pasta stir fry?
Leftover lasagna sheets can be used in pasta stir fry. Below are the steps to make pasta stir fry:
- Slice the cooked noodles vertically.
- Add noodles to a saucy chicken.
How to use leftover lasagna sheets in torta di pasta?
You can make egg pie by mixing broken, cooked noodles with whisked eggs, shredded Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, and fontina. Start cooking in a non-stick skillet until they are set, then finish under the broiler until the color turns golden brown. It is known as an Italian classic pasta that is considered great at room temperature.
In this brief guide, we have answered the question “What to do with leftover lasagna sheets? ” Moreover, we have also discussed how to use leftover lasagna sheets in different delicious recipes.